Your beliefs become your thoughts
Your thoughts become your words
Your words become your actions
Your actions become your habits
Your habits become your values
Your values become your destiny
Values Based Education
Green Park School is a Values Based school. It is our values that shape how we behave, what we say and how we make relationships. At Green Park School we are committed to develop a culture of care and support where relationships are at the heart of every interaction and everyone can reach their potential and make a positive contribution to our community.
The wide range of positive human values are encouraged in school including patience, respect, fairness, equality, self-belief, compassion and collaboration.
Our six core values as agreed by all stakeholders are:
Children learn about values primarily through everyday interaction with everyone in our school community. It is through modelling positive behaviour and values that we can all understand our expectations of each other and how we all want to be treated. To support this we have a structured approach to assemblies, circles and specific lessons that teach the values that are important for positive and healthy minds. Our values curriculum is based upon the Values Based Education and Restorative Practice.
What is Restorative practice?
Being ‘Restorative’ focuses on building positive relationships based on respect and fairness. In turn this creates a community that is supportive, accountable and respectful.
At Green Park School we are committed to creating and maintaining a positive environment where everyone feels safe, cared for and happy. This enables all our pupils to learn and have a positive experience of school.
Restorative Practice helps us to focus on building better relationships with each other, taking the time to ensure that every member of our school community feels listened to, valued and respected.
Restorative Practice focusses on 3 elements:
- Building community
- Using positive Language
- Building partnerships with families
As a member of the Green Park School Community (This includes pupils, parents, staff, governors and all other stakeholders) I will:
- Strive to be the best learner that I can be
- Treat everyone as an equal member of our community
- Be respectful of and make a positive contribution to our learning environment
- Be a good role model, reflecting the community’s values and vision in all that I say and do
- Be supportive and caring of others
- Be aware of my actions and take responsibility for them
- Talk calmly and politely, being mindful to protect the other person’s feelings
- Listen to and consider another person’s point of view
- Have the courage to talk to someone if I am worried
- Treat difficult situations with care and compassion
- Forgive others and work hard to rebuild and restore relationships when problems have occurred
- Understand that every day is a fresh start
Signature of parent:
Signature of pupil:
Signature of Head Teacher:
Signature of Chair of Governors: